Friday 11 December 2015

11/12 Informal Crit Feedback

My crit today was very helpful, I showed people my animation so far where I got the comments:

- Professional looking
- Nice style and aesthetic

I also received some very helpful constructive feedback;

- To make the rock seem more heavier.

This is something I avoided because, there is no gravity on the moon, there therefore would be no weight on the rock... However from an animation movement standpoint it was suggested to me that I should still apply weight purely for the physics of animation rather than physics of real life (which I was more considering...) This can be achieved by adding in a head jolt and making his bum go dwon further to really "get under" the rock with muscle. So I will work on that before developing more new scenes.

- It looks like the astronaut is looking at the moon at the start

This was an interesting comment as I, obviously, cant view my animation as an outsider so I don't know how things look. But apparently the stance at the start of the astronaut gazing forward, looks as if the zoom in on the moon establishing shot actually looks like a 1st person shot of the astronaut. I could edit this entirely to his head looking at the floor right from the start, but I really like him looking down, I don't want him to remain static and lifeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment