Sunday 22 November 2015

Further Character Development - Moonlings

Character Model Sheet


After doing my model sheet of the characters body and poses, I thought I would elaborate further with his colour, I feel he isn't extravagant enough. Seen as he isn't going to be moving much in my animation I should make him more beautifully rendered. I wanted him to look like a mouldy rock (because thats what the Moonlings are, rocks which are rife with bacteria which has evolved into a living organism)


So I began testing dark greens, on the grey background that they will be presented against. I started off too light so developed darker. I also added a mouldy effect on the rock with the blur tool.

Development

I began testing my rendered Moonlings against the background they will be placed with in the animation to see if they fit into their environment the way I want them too.

Original design to compare to

I felt this green was far too light and he stood out too much..


I was very happy with this development, I felt this green was perfect...




Until I tested an even darker swatch, the DARKEST swatch before being totally unrecognisable as green...

I am unable to decide on a favourite shade on my own so I will ask my fellow piers during my crit, to gain the outer knowledge that I need.

To intensify this mouldy aspect...




I used the blur brush twinned with 10% opacity and created spore particles in the air around my character to create a mouldy aura. This is something I will play with in post production to see if it looks effective.




No comments:

Post a Comment